The first customers get the keys of the bikein Pune
Pune 7th June 2012: A little more than 10 years since theoriginal Pulsar was launched in Pune, Bajaj Auto today launched the Next GenPulsar 200NS in the state. This all new Pulsar is all set to re-defineMotorcycling technology and design as-much-as the original Pulsars did way backin 2001. The keys of this best Pulsar yet werehanded over to the first customers in Pune today.
The new Pulsar takestechnology altogether to another level with:
· A SOHC 4-valve Triple Spark Engine for anabsolutely unmatched performance. This provides fast and optimal combustion -27% faster than twin spark and 50% faster than a single spark engine to set newbenchmarks in performance, emission and incidentally also fuel efficiency.
· LiquidCooling supports this exhilarating heart-pumping performance to maintainengine temperature resulting in longer engine life, no power fading and lowerengine noise
· A Six-Speed Gear box ensures greatperformance across the entire rpm band for a true sports bike ride experience.
· A Pressed Steel Perimeter Frame and a Rectangular tube section swing arm deliverover three times the lateral stiffness of a P220 frame. This ensures outstandinghigh speed handling and cornering stability.
· Uniquegas filled Nitrox Mono suspension furtherimprove the ride and handling of the bike.
· Front & Rear Petal Disc brakes for super confident braking.
The Pulsar design character has also evolved withthe performance & dynamics. It’s become stronger, more aggressive with a streetfighter stance. The look just begs you to ride it. Once astride, the sporty speedoconsole, triple-tree clip-ons, the signature clips and the illuminated switchesevoke the design, fit and finish so far exclusively reserved for much moreexpensive super sports bikes. The new 200cc Pulsar is probably the most stunningsports bike in its class oozing raw muscular appeal.
Commentingon the launch in Pune, Mr. Sanjay Saraswat, Vice-President-Marketing, BajajAuto
said: “These sporty iconic motorcycles havebeen a testimony to the company’s engineering prowess. The Pulsar 200 NS showcases next leap in technology and design and willset the standard for others to follow. We are launching the first Pulsar 200NS in Maharashtra as we feel that the state has played a major role in Pulsarcompleting the ‘Decade of Dominance’ with 10 years of leadership in the Indianperformance motorcycle market. It will then be progressively launched in the rest of the country.”
Added Mr.Vimal Sumbly, General Manager (Sales),“Maharashtra is one ofthe largest markets for the Sports segment in the country. We have sold morethan 5,50,000 Pulsars in the state and are by far the leaders in this segment.While earlier the segment was largely limited to big cities we are now gettinggood demand from smaller towns as well. We expect the Pulsar 200NS to doextremely well in this large and demanding market.”
The newPulsar 200 NS is available in 4 colors at a price of Rs 84096/-ex-showroom,Pune.
Article Viewed : 4348