New Delhi, May 14, 2012: Bajaj Auto, the world’s third largest motorcycle company today launched the ‘Discover 125 ST” designed to add a whole new dimension to the commuter segment.
Elaborating on the company strategy, Sanjay Saraswat, GM Marketing, Bajaj Auto Ltd., said that for too long the average commuter had to be satisfied with boring bikes.
The new Discover Sports Tourer (ST) is all set to change this in a dramatic fashion.
With the styling and performance of a sports bike, yet with the comfort and economy of a commuter bike, the “Discover ST” aims to redefine commuting from “Chalta Hai “to “Daudta Hai”.
Powered by Bajaj’s patented “DTS-i Twin Spark” technology, for the first time in this category, the engine is designed with 4 valves. The Bike delivers a record 13 PS of power, highest in the 125cc category, without compromising on fuel efficiency.
Bajaj Auto’s patented “ExhausTec” Technology enhances drive-ability.
• A five speed gear box ensures optimum power delivery, coupled with good fuel efficiency.
• Complementing the performance is a very sporty styling.
• The bike is defined by a chiseled muscular fuel tank.
• An aggressive fairing with sharp edged headlamp underlines the sporty look.
• Slender ribbed alloy wheels along with aluminum side sets add to the aesthetics.
• Comfort takes a new dimension with another first – a “Monoshock Nitrox Suspension”’
• A specially designed “Anti Vibration” frame ensures an enjoyable ride across all terrains.
• Another first is the “Petal Disc Brake” enhancing safety.
Commenting on the launch K Srinivas, President – Motorcycle Business, Bajaj Auto Ltd. said,“We believe that the average Indian commuter has to compromise a lot for fuel efficiency. With the Discover ST we are making a statement that mileage need not come with boring design and outdated features.
He further added, “The Sports Tourer is an everyday fun ride to work. We believe that the sporty evolution of the commuter category will occur fast, and it is our intention to dominate this segment by introducing such breakthrough products.”
Technical Specification for Discover 125 ST
DISCOVER 125 ST
|Engine||4 Valve Twin Spark Air Cooled|
|Max.Net Power||13 Ps @ 9000 rpm|
|Max.net Torque||1.1 kgm @ 7000 rpm|
|Ignition System||Digital CDI|
|Starting||Self + kick start|
|Transmission||5 Speed Constant mesh|
|Frame||Semi Double cradle|
|Front Suspension||Telescopic Fork with Anti-friction DU Bush|
Monoshock with gas canister
|Front Brake||Petal Disc 200 mm|
|Rear Brake||Drum 130 mm|
|Front wheel / tyre||New design alloy / 2.75 X 17” 41P Tubed|
|Rear wheel / tyre||New design alloy / 3.00 X 17” 50P Tubed|
|Fuel Tank||10 L|
|Seat Height||800 mm|
|Turning Circle Radius||2100 mm|
|Ground Clearance||170 mm|
|Kerb Weight||124.5 kg|
|Max Speed||105 kmph|
Article Viewed : 8899